If he has a good VP running with him, he might be worth the chance..but ur right, somebody will try to lay him low if he does win IMO.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, Bush can barely read...so, it seems that stupid has become a prerequisite for the job. So, maybe Obama does have a qualification if the current president is to be the model..lol </div></div>
It is amazing you and I are so much on the same level with this...
I'm an independant, I vote for what I feal the country needs, because if you vot strictly for one party, you are essentially un-american....I am exactly the vote Obama needs, all of you liberal spewers that intended to vote democrat no matter who ran really have no bearing on this election, it is people like me...And the sad thing is, the democrats had my vote a year ago...I was planning to walk to the poll in November and vote democrat for the good of the country, no matter the candidate, and then the democratic party comes out with these choices...No gaurantees, but I might could even stomach Hillary, but thats a long shot, but there is absolutely no way I, along with billions of other independants, will vote for Obama...I just don't feal like watching assassination videos for the next 20 years, and watching his vice presidant try to fix a huge mess, or if he's another LBJ, make an even bigger mess....
I think just as Sup-RBeast has said, there is a good chance the democratic party will see the writing on the wall before the convention...And if they don't, he will loose the election, because he is not liked in the states that are necisarry to win...
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
If he has a good VP running with him, he might be worth the chance..but ur right, somebody will try to lay him low if he does win IMO.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Does this mess up in semantics that are being picked apart by anti-Obama people TRULY mean that this guy isn't qualified to run the country? </div></div>
Come on man, you can't really call stating factual events between 2 completely different places and stating every detail wrong semantics. This guy has people on staff to expressly look things up and make prepared statements for him such as this. How it can be considered just a little error in semantics and not just an outright falicy is just not wanting to see the truth. </div></div>
Wanting to call this an "outright fallacy" is wanting to condemn the dude for something that's just not there. Put yourself in that position--let's assume his writers & staff didn't completely fact-check what he wrote, and when you're talking in front of thousands of people w/o the use of google/wiki, and not being a German concentration camp scholar--wouldn't it be easy to mix up two of the names from that era in history??? I'd say so. It's just not common everyday knowledge.
Now if dude came out and said that he stopped at a green light earlier in the day for some reason...then that'd be the same thing as spelling "potatoe" wrong. Dude messed up in the spotlight in a very minor way...switched one word for another. It'd be like talking about places during the civil war and mixing up occurances at Antietam and Gettysburg...it can happen, and probably has...unless you are a scholar on the subject or have first-hand knowledge.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have another question as well. What and why was it even brought up about his uncle having been there and done this anyway. How far is this guy reaching to try and make himself look better when in reality this would have no bearing at all on him or his qualifications to be president. </div></div>
It was a Memorial Day speech, and just like I'm proud of my uncle (yes, uncle, not great or otherwise) who served in Desert Force/Desert Storm, he's proud of his family members who served in WW2. That's what his speech was about--not that their serving makes him a better candidate. He's an American too (flag lapel pin or no), and has the right to be proud of those in his family that have served the country in military service, especially on Memorial Day.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I didn't know where the statement had come from so his use was very appropriate.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">let's assume his writers & staff didn't completely fact-check what he wrote, and when you're talking in front of thousands of people w/o the use of google/wiki, and not being a German concentration camp scholar--wouldn't it be easy to mix up two of the names from that era in history??? I'd say so. It's just not common everyday knowledge.
</div></div>
You actually think that after all the flack he has caught for everything that he wouldn't want to make sure he had every detail covered. Especially being that he likes to promote his education and inteligence. Not being common everyday knowledge makes it even more daming since he would have to do more research on the details to be better prepared. It wasn't just the name of the camp either. I don't really care about the "Great" uncle part I don't reffer to any of mine as great either they are just my uncle, this part you can play off to semantics but the rest....no.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
"have another question as well. What and why was it even brought up about his uncle having been there and done this anyway. How far is this guy reaching to try and make himself look better when in reality this would have no bearing at all on him or his qualifications to be president. "
This is easy. Obama is looking for a way to get the Jewish vote. What better way than liberating a "death camp"? It is one of the "swing" areas he has to get Hil Cill on to really be sure he gets the nod.
Uncle might not have been all that great,,,he invaded the wrong camp with the wrong army. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
You hit the nail on the head there Spuds. The Jewish vote is huge, and is one demographic that is a thorn in Obamas side right now.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]Can't remember where I read that or I'd post the link. Look for the dems to start to pick at McCain. His greasest appeal is change also, but some things are showing up that will show it would be 4 more years of the same. I look for the air to thicken with mud as the election nears.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uncle might not have been all that great,,,he invaded the wrong camp with the wrong army. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] That's pretty good. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
But if he doesn't remember how many states make up the US how could he be expected to keep those facts straight.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
Might as well grin and bear it, this ain't gonna be good.
Bookmarks